Thursday, 12 March 2009

"the margaret bag" challenge

   

here is my version of the Margaret Bag [original design & tutorial by Elizabeth Hartman]
I altered the strap to have a buckle in it, and I used a contrasting fabric in the pleat section & lining of the strap and on the top of the pockets inside, it was very tricky to work out the handle shape and how to add the patterned fabric into it but well worth the brain-strain, I love it and it got a good workout today *two thumbs up* :)
It holds heaps of stuff and most important, it didnt keep slipping off my shoulder!
The button was a very old vintage one that I covered in the patterned fabric and came from my grandmother. 
{dodgy photos but the best I could do with this rainy day weather}

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, that is awesome! Love the buckle, but I also like what you did with the embellishment in the pleat!

Natalie Hennekam said...

Stunning!
You've really taken the Margaret Bag to a new level.
:-)
Well done

Becky said...

Clever girl! The buckle looks great and I love your fabric with that detail in the pleat.

5 stars from me!

Hei Lo's Creation said...

That is stunning. I really like the contrast!!

Hei Lo's Creation said...

That is stunning. I really like the contrast!

Cherry Rockette said...

thanks for your feedback on my dress ideas! i'm loving this bag, btw. great use of small stash fabrics to liven up a plain bag, but not so much pattern that it's overwhelming. love it!

Carla said...

I love this bag, its so classy