Monday, 1 December 2008

and the countdown begins.....



....to christmas that is :)

I made this over the weekend took 2 nights to finish but very happy with it.

And this is a photo of my first ever go at French seams, so stoked with this effort, all the tutorials I read said you couldnt do it on curves - well guess what? I did ;p

I dont have an overlocker and my first few pairs of shorts I made DS ended up fraying heaps after 2 washes with only zig zagged edges so I had to find a better way to finish the seams if his shorts were to last more than a few washes!




Oh and the fabric I used for my oven mitts - since a few lovely bloggers have asked - is a quilters cotton from Spotlight! if I can find the selvage I will come back with the name :)


1 comment:

Becky said...

I love the count down Christmas tree. It looks great!

Well done on mastering french seams, very professional looking :)